Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day Two

So far so good. Yesterday, I kept within my calorie limit (Though I wouldn't have if I hadn't exercised. But I ate less than I have been recently, so I see that as an improvement) The one I have set for myself on Loseit is 1,763 (I have no clue why I made it that number, I set that up months ago... perhaps I should make it a different one, but... oh well.) For exercise yesterday, I walked downhill for a mile, did karate with my friend for a half hour, then hiked back up the hill for another mile, this time practicing the things she taught me as I went. Lots of fun! So that made up for the 2,284 calories I did eat.

However, according to this useful little thing: http://providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,8922-1-5129-1,00.html I'm expending approximately 3,162 calories per day(based on my height, weight and that I put 30-60 minutes of daily exercise) and so my budget should be around 2,250 or 2,200. With that in mind, I did pretty well.

Yesterday I had 2/3 cup of granola and felt full after getting only a portion of the way through it. So today I'm trying 1/3 cup, which is the serving size on the bag. I finished it not long ago and I'm feeling quite satisfied. We'll see how long it lasts. Yesterday's portion lasted until lunchtime, but I may need a snack today, like an apple. It also helps that yesterday I ate a hard boiled egg with my portion, so I may do that again today.

I impressed myself in the morning and through to the early evening with my willpower, but then I went shopping. It seemed like every pastry, cookie, and even doughnut(which I'm not really fond of) looked amazing and wanted to hop into my cart. I'm happy to say the only food item, besides milk, that actually got in, was some trail mix. However, that trail mix has a bunch of white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter chips that can be hazardous. So... I may be taking it back. Don't need more temptation in the house.

After I went shopping, the "munchies" attacked. They'd threatened all day, and I kept them away with more or less healthy snacks I had 2 small (about 2" by 1") home made rolls, and a slice of banana bread, that I nibbled on while I did laundry. When I got back from shopping, I polished off the tuna with veggies and crackers that I started before the event, and still wanted something to munch on. I would have just kept with water, but my willpower had been used up for the day, so I popped myself some popcorn. Oil popped popcorn is better for you than microwave because you can determine how much fattening substance goes onto the popcorn. Air pop is even better, but it's harder to get salt or anything like it, to stick. I did oil pop, and put just enough flavoring/salt to let me know it's there. Thankfully, popcorn is surprisingly low on calories for how much you can eat. 6 cups of oil popped popcorn is 330 calories. Yes, that's like a small meal. However, generally you only want to eat 2-4 cups. 2 cups is 110 calories(About the amount of calories in a medium sized apple), and 4 is 220. Not to mention  it's a whole grain snack, so I didn't feel really guilty. Except that it was getting pretty late at night...

I'm not sure if I'll post in this blog every day while I do this. I'll do my best to post weekly, if nothing else. Though the more people comment, the more I'll post.

No comments: