Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day Three- Assessment

Today I had two things set up, at 8, I did a full body assessment on campus, then at 9 I met with a personal trainer, also on campus, with my friend.
During the assessment, I found out how many sit ups I can do in a minute (66) how many push ups I can do properly in a row (8) how much I can bench press (85 lbs) and what percentage my body fat is (not putting that up, but I have 158 pounds of lean body mass if that tells you anything)

A lot of the information she gave me after  the assessment I already knew, calories in, VS calories out, etc. But now that I know what my body mass is, I can more easily get to a healthy size that's specific to me. My goal of 199 is good. 175 is better. But because I'm a girl, it's better that I have about 15-20% body fat, so trying to get to 160 pounds is not likely to be healthy. Unless things change and my muscle mass goes way down. Or my bone mass. Neither would be good.

Directly after, I went to the gym and met with a trainer. We started with a warm up on a treadmill, walked for a while, stretched, then proceeded to commence the work of pain upon my arms, core and legs. An hour later, I stumbled out of the gym and walked a part of the way with my friend, then trekked up the massive hill towards my apartment. Don't get me wrong, I've walked that hill many a time, but never after nearly 2 hours of physical exertion.

Now I'm home and have to remind myself to not binge, even though I've worked hard.

No comments: