Saturday, October 9, 2010

Parties and Job Searching

So last night I was able to hang out with my wonderful Temple Square sisters who are in my area, it was awesome! We chatted about the 'old times' and quizzed our former AP(Assistant to the President) about what went on behind the scenes. We laughed and joked and watched a chick flick- Confessions of a Shopaholic .
We continued to laugh and joke- just enjoying each other's company until the music came on, then we all danced. I'm sure every one who knows me can imagine me dancing. I'm about twice the size of most of the girls there, so it was interesting at times, but fun. It was good to be with people who understand what it's like to be an RM since I am the only one in my apartment.
While the music was going, we looked out the window of the apartment where we were, and noticed there were blue and red flashing lights. We weren't sure what they were for, so one sister went out to discover the reason. Someone had just gotten pulled over, nothing major. That's the extent of things that happen in this town. I haven't heard of anything worse than someone getting pulled over here. Who knows- maybe I will. Considering it's a small town, in addition to being populated by LDS young adults during most of the year because of the University, I don't imagine that tons would happen.
Earlier that day, I did some major job searching. I did it online since the weather was to be desired, but I did it. I will continue to search until I either find a job, or I find one that I like. I imagine I won't have a job that I like until next semester when I'm able to get an on-campus job. Currently all of those are either filled or for some reason aren't hiring. I'm sure it will work out some way.
Directly after job hunting (That ended about 5 pm because I was hungry, tired and had a headache) I just vegged for a few hours, resting my brain, even if I wasn't resting anything else.
Today is a new day, and I'll likely go and be productive again, searching for jobs and getting homework done... and likely being distracted by friends again.

No comments: